When to keep your mouth shut
When to keep your mouth shut:
"Whoever guards his mouth and tongue keeps his soul from
troubles": Pro 21:23.
- In the heat of anger: Pro 14:17.
- When you don't have all the facts: Pro
- When you haven't verified the story: Deu 17:6.
- If your words will
offend a weaker person: 1Co 8:11.
- When it is time to listen: Pro
- When you are tempted to make light of holy things: Ecc 5:2.
you are tempted to joke about sin: Pro 14:9.
- If you would be ashamed of your
words later: Pro 8:8.
- If your words would convey the wrong impression: Pro
- If the issue is none of your business: Pro 14:10.
- When you are
tempted to tell an outright lie: Pro 4:24.
- If your words would damage
someone else's reputation: Pro 16:27.
- If your words will damage a
friendship: Pro 16:28.
- When you are feeling critical: Jam 3:9.
- If you
can't say it without screaming it: Pro 25:28.
- If your words will be a poor
reflection of the Lord or your friends or family: 1Pe 2:21-23.
- If you may
have to eat your words later: Pro 18:21.
- If you have already said it more
than one time: Pro 19:13.
- When you are tempted to flatter a wicked person:
- When you are supposed to be working instead: Pro