- THE WORLD TEST. Is it worldly? Will it make me worldly to do it (Joh 15:19;
- THE QUALITY TEST. Is it good for me physically, emotionally,
and spiritually (Rom 12:9)?
- THE TEMPLE TEST. Can I do it when I remember my
body is God's temple and must not be marred or misused (1Co 6:19)?
- THE GLORY
TEST. Will it glorify my Lord, or will it on the other hand possibly bring shame
to his name (1Co 6:20; 10:32)?
- THE BLESSING TEST. Can I honestly ask God's
blessing on it and be sure I'll not regret doing it (Pro 10:22; Rom
- THE REPUTATION TEST. Is it apt to damage my testimony for the Lord
- THE CONSIDERATION TEST. Am I being considerate of others and the
effect this might have on them (Rom 14:7,21)?
- THE APPEARANCE TEST. Will it
look bad? Does it have the appearance of what is wrong or suspicious (1Th
- THE WEIGHT TEST. Could this slacken or sidetrack me in running the
Christian race (Heb 12:1; 1Co 9:24)?
- THE COMING OF CHRIST TEST. Would I be
ashamed to be found doing this when he comes again (1Jo 2:28)?
- THE COMPANION
TEST. Can I invite Christ to go with me and participate with me in this (Mat
28:20; Col 3:17)?
- THE PEACE TEST. After having prayed about it, do I have
perfect peace about doing it (Col 3:15; Phi 4:6-7)?