Commandments of Christ
- Love your enemies; do good to them that hate you (Mat 5:44).
- Resist not
evil: if a man smites you on one cheek, turn to him the other also (Mat
- Avenge not yourselves; instead, give place to wrath; and suffer
yourselves to be defrauded (Rom 12:18,19; 1Co 6:7).
- If a man takes away your
goods, do not ask for them again (Luk 6:29,30).
- Agree with your adversary
quickly, submitting even to wrong for the sake of peace (Mat 5:25; 1Co
- Do not labor to be rich; be ready to every good work; give to those
who ask; relieve the afflicted (1Ti 6:8; Rom 12:13; Heb 13:16; Jam 1:27).
not do your good deeds so as to be seen by men; do not let your left hand know
what your right hand is doing (Mat 6:1-4).
- Do not recompense to any man evil
for evil; overcome evil with good (Rom 12:17).
- Bless them that curse you;
let no cursing come out of your mouth (Mat 5:44; Rom 12:14).
- Do not render
evil for evil, or railing for railing, but rather, blessing (1Pe 3:9).
for them that persecute you and afflict you (Mat 5:44).
- Do not hold grudges;
do not judge; do not complain; do not condemn (Jam 5:9; Mat 7:1).
- Put away
anger, wrath, bitterness, and all evil speaking (Eph 4:31; 1Pe 2:1).
your faults to one another (Jam 5:16).
- Do not be conformed to this world;
love not the world (Rom 12:2; 1Jo 2:15; Jam 4:4).
- Deny all ungodliness and
worldly lusts. If your right hand offends you, cut if off (Tit 2:12; Mat
- Servants, be faithful, even to bad masters (Eph 6:5-8).
- Mind not
high things, but condescend to men of low estate (Rom 12:16).
- Owe no man
anything (Rom 13:7,8).
- In case of sin (known or heard of) do not speak of it
to others, but tell the offending brother of the matter between you and him
alone, with a view to recovery (Mat 18:15; Gal 6:1).
- Love the Lord your God
with all your heart (Mat 22:37).
- Pray always; pray with brevity and
simplicity; pray secretly (Luk 18:1; Mat 6:7).
- In everything give thanks to
God and recognize Him in all your ways (Eph 5:20; Pro 3:6).
- As you would
have men do to you, do also to them (Mat 7:12).
- Take Christ for an example
and follow in his steps (1Pe 2:21).
- Let Christ dwell in your heart by faith
- Esteem Christ more highly than all earthly things; yes, even
than your own life (Luk 14:26).
- Confess Christ freely before men (Luk
- Beware lest the cares of life or the allurements of pleasure weaken
Christ's hold on your heart (Luk 21:34-36; Mat 24:44).
- Love your neighbor as
yourself (Mat 22:39).
- Do not exercise lordship over anyone (Mat
- Do not seek your own welfare only, nor bear your own burdens
merely, but have regard to those of others (Phi 2:4; Gal 6:2).
- Let your
light shine before men; hold forth the word of life. Do good to all men as you
have opportunity (Mat 5:16; Phi 2:16; Gal 6:10).
- Be blameless and harmless,
as the sons of God in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation (Phi
- Be gentle, meek, kind-hearted, compassionate, merciful, forgiving
(2Ti 2:24; Tit 2:2; Eph 4:32).
- Be sober, grave, sincere, temperate (Phi 4:5;
1Pe 1:13; 5:8).
- Put away all lying; speak the truth (Eph 4:25).
you do, do it heartily as unto the Lord, and not unto men (Col 3:23).
watchful, vigilant, brave, joyful, and courteous (1Co 16:13; Phi 4:4; 1Th
- Be clothed with humility; be patient toward all (Col 3:12; Rom
- Follow peace with all men (Heb 12:14).
- Sympathize in the joys
and sorrows of others (Rom 12:15).
- Follow after whatever things are true,
honest, just, pure, lovely, of good report, virtuous, and worthy of praise (Phi
- Refrain utterly from adultery, fornication, uncleanness, drunkenness,
covetousness, wrath, strife, sedition, hatred, emulation, boasting, envy,
jesting, and foolish talking (Eph 5:3,4).
- Whatever you do, consider the
effect of your action on the honor of God's name among men. Do all to the glory
of God (1Co 10:31; 3:17).
- Reckon yourselves dead to all manner of sin.
Henceforth live not to yourselves, but to him who died for you, and rose again
(Rom 6:11; 2Co 5:15).
- Be zealous of good works, always abounding in the work
of the Lord, not becoming weary in well-doing (Tit 2:14; Gal 6:9).
- Do not
speak evil of any man (Tit 3:2).
- Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly
- Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt (Col
- Obey rulers; submit to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake
- Be holy in all manner of life (1Pe 1:15,16).
- Do not give
occasion to the adversary to speak reproachfully (1Ti 5:14).
- Marry "only in
the Lord" (1Co 7:39).